Monday, June 17, 2013

Bill Cosby: ‘I Wanted to Take the House Back’ from Kids

Bill Cosby: ‘I Wanted to Take the House Back’ from Kids, Bill Cosby says he wanted The Cosby Show to represent a parenting philosophy that would "take the house back" from kids.

"I based the series on two important things: No. 1 ... I hated those series where the children were brighter than the parents, and those parents had to play dumb," Cosby recently told ABC News. "No. 2 was that I wanted to 'take the house back.'"

Never miss an episode! Add new fall shows to your Watchlist

Shows that rely on making parents seem "stupid " and kids seem "ultra-bright" in order to entertain are problematic, the actor and comedian says.

"Parents make it difficult because we want to be well-liked," he said. "And I'm not saying that parenting, you shouldn't want to be well-liked, but you also have to have some kind of judgment."
thumbnail
Title: Bill Cosby: ‘I Wanted to Take the House Back’ from Kids
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Post by

Related articles :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2016. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy